Spotted Gum Hardwood Cladding
Hardwood timber cladding provides an envelope that protects a building. Hardwood timber cladding is an increasingly popular choice for finishing the outside of commercial and domestic buildings. It offers design freedom, ease of handling, a range of products and the natural beauty of Australian timber species.
Hardwood Cladding Application
Hardwood timber cladding provides an attractive and economical way to finish the exterior and interior of both new and old buildings and suits a traditional, modern or uniquely designed commercial or residential building.
Hardwood timber cladding should be considered an integral part of the overall building design as it can contribute to aesthetics, comfort and structural performance.
- Decorative Exterior Wall Lining
- Durable Exterior Surface
- Flexibility Allows Building movement
- Lightweight building structures
- Residential, commercial and industrial buildings such as resorts and hotels, agricultural buildings, units, townhouses, industrial units, educational buildings
- Outdoor structures such as exterior walls, fences, sheds and garages.
Features and Benefits
- New profile design
- Manufactured in Australia for Australian conditions
- Can be used in bush-fire prone areas up to BAL 29 (dependant on species natural fire resistance, such as Blackbutt)
- Design flexibility for interior/exterior use
- Flexible and resilient to the stresses of foundation and natural seismic movements
- Can be used on a wide variety of foundation conditions because of its flexibility
- Light weight requiring smaller footings
- Provides a long-lasting and durable external surface
- Offers diverse design scope for lightweight structures
- Some hardwood cladding species, such as Blackbutt, are naturally termite resistant
- Designed for fixing to both timber and steel framework
- Building a sustainable future – Boral Timber has full Chain of Custody certification which meets the Responsible Wood Standard AS 4707-2006.
For further information please view the Boral Timber Cladding Brochure.